Everyone experiences stress at some point. Learning to manage it takes time and practice. But there are some simple steps you can take now to help ease the symptoms.
Try to integrate these items into your daily life and watch the stress begin to lessen.
PCHC training on Stress Management:
Apps to manage stress
The Mindfulness App: https://themindfulnessapp.com/
- Exercise- as little as 2 hours per week can have an impact on your mood. If you don’t like to exercise, things like going for a walk or dancing around your house can help.
- Relax your muscles- when we are stressed our muscles tense up and get tight. Stretching, taking a hot bath or shower can help ease the physical tension of stress.
- Deep Breathing- this allows your body and mind to slow down, getting needing oxygen into your muscles. Ever notice when you are really stressed that your breath faster? Sit, close your eyes and breath deeply. You will feel more relaxed.
- Diet- eating a well balanced diet can also help to control your mood.
- Set a timer- arrive early so you are not rushed, break last task lists into smaller ones.
- Be kind to yourself- No one is perfect, no matter how hard they try. You can’t control everything in your life. Mistakes will happen, learn from them.
- Talk- sometimes just talking to someone else about how you feel can go a long way.
- Hobbies- take time to enjoy “me time”. You may have to schedule that time in your calendar, but setting aside time for something you enjoy can really improve your mood.