Healthy Food Choices
Making healthy food choices is more important than you think. Research shows that poor diet can cause secondary issues such as fatigue, weight problems, Gi issues and mood disturbances. A poor diet can lead to irritability and loss of motivation.
Here are 5 tips to help you out:
Following these simple tips can help you develop great food habits. Good food habits can lead to a happier, healthier you.
- Eat the Rainbow:: The more color you add to your diet the better for you. More color means you are getting different nutrients. So make it colorful.
- Hydration hustle: Water is needed to for all parts of your body, to support overall well-being. Start by replacing sports drinks and soda. If you don’t like water, try adding some fruit or drinking an herbal tea. Keeping a pitcher of water on the counter will remind you to drink it.
- Snack smart: Pick snacks that are both nutritious and tasty. Things like nuts, yogurt and fresh fruit are great choices.
- Mindful meals: Take your time to enjoy meals. Chew slowly, savor the flavors and listen to your body. Pay attention to hunger and fullness cues. This will help build a healthy relationship with food and improve digestion.
- Medications: Remember that certain medications do not play nicely with foods. Be sure to carefully read the insert provided with your medication and review any interactions. Also follow recommendations such as needing to take on an empty stomach, waiting one hour before eating or eating with food.